Diverging from the boxy silhouettes we love so much, we wanted to showcase this fabric in a slightly more fitted style. Meet our Aki Jacket, featuring light gathers under the arm, gently tapered sleeves, side slit pockets and a close neckline that can be turned down above an open front.
Our Aki Jacket is fully lined in a soft silk-cotton blend. The outer cloth is soft and light; we’ve run quilting stitch across the fabric to bind it to the lining, adding strength and durability.
This style retains a generous cut and is accessible to most body shapes while adding a touch of intrigue from the volume created by the side gathers. This piece pairs effortlessly with wide-legged culottes and a simple tie-front crop top.
To learn more about the inspiration and work behind our Rebirth Collection, read here.
Material & Care
Mixed fabrics: may contain silk, cotton, linen & wool. Please treat with care and love by dry cleaning only.
One size suitable XS-XL.
- Cross-shoulder: 38 cm (15”)
- Cross-chest: 63 cm (25”)
- Cross waist: 74 cm (29”)
- Length: 84 cm (33”)
- Back neck width: 19 cm (7.4”)
- Sleeve length: 53 cm (20”)
- Sleeve opening: 19 cm (7.4”)
Aki Jacket | boardwalk
Every item from our Rebirth Collection is completely unique and a piece of wearable art. Created from 45kg of scrap fabric and hand crafted over 8 months from start to finish by countless skilled hands, Rebirth represents what we consider to be the ultimate in sustainable and luxury fashion.
Rebirth is born from a deep commitment to environmental and social sustainability. Completely crafted from repurposed scrap fabric, each style is cut according to a zero waste pattern.
Our textile waste, collected over many years, has been sorted by fibre and into colour families by our partner, Paiwand Studio. Scraps are then cut into narrow pieces and made into long strips of flat yarn. These are hand woven on a warp of black and white cotton threads according to a meticulously planned colour map.
The pattern which emerges appears organic, but the placement and positioning of every single colour within the weaving grid has been meticulously planned and executed according to the artistic vision of Paiwand Studio.
Each style is named after one of the four seasons in Japan, reflecting their timeless nature. Any variations or irregularities are part of the design and inherent to the production process.
- Eco: all materials are natural and thus bio-degradable. Each item is crafted from between 0.5 - 1 kg of waste fabric, and the clothing patterns are zero-waste.
- Ethical: the entire process from fabric sorting to garment construction is carried out by Paiwand Studio, an ethical manufacturer committed to high environmental and labour standards.
- Women empowerment: handwork by women from highly marginalised communities from the outskirts of Delhi.